Helston Community College, part of the Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust, are seeking an outstanding experienced or ambitious middle leader ready to take on the exciting challenge of leadership at Department and whole-school level. In addition to the main responsibilities as a middle leader you will work alongside a member of the Senior Leadership team on one of the key areas of the College Development Plan.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of rapid and sustained improvement in Mathematics outcomes across the 11-16 age range.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
- is a highly qualified and experience mathematician;
- is known for delivering well-planned, creative and engaging lessons;
- achieves excellent outcomes for students across the full ability range
- has experience of leading a mathematics department in a smaller school or a key stage in a larger school, and is capable of inspiring our team towards a shared vision;
- is a reflective practitioner, keen to develop and progress, both as a teacher and a leader;
- aspirational in your pursuit of excellence for the students;
- passionate about staff professional development;
- will share and support the College and the Trust's commitment to provide an all-round, outstanding education for all our students.
We are committed to promoting aspiration, encouraging ambition and ensuring achievement within a values-driven ethos.
Please send a completed application form to Angela Atkinson, HR Manager : email@example.com.
For more information about Helston Community College or Southerly Point Co-operative Multi Academy Trust, please visit: www.helston.cornwall.sch.uk
Please note we do not accept CVs and only applications submitted on an application form will be considered.
Closing Date for applications: Midday on Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews: During the week commencing 26th April 2021
Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. DBS disclosure will be required at the enhanced level for all appointments.
We are also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Helston Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years