Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 20th January 2020
37hours per week, 42 weeks per year
Grade K to L, points 32 to 41 (£34,788 to £43,662 fte)
TLT has recently undergone a rapid period of expansion and now with eight schools across Northamptonshire/ Buckinghamshire and the West Midlands, and we are looking to expand our central team to help manage this growth and support a period of consolidation across the multi-academy trust (MAT).
We require an experienced and versatile School Business Manager to support the Chief Finance Officer and Tove Learning Trust (TLT) Leadership Team to embed the trust’s systems, procedures and protocols in our schools and ensure optimum efficiency in priority areas. The exact job role will vary from time to time due to the differing needs of the trust and the skill set of the successful candidate. TLT is a MAT with a small central structure and a large amount of autonomy granted to its constituent schools. Our model is to ensure each school has its own School Business Manager (or equivalent) and the post holder will work closely with these teams and the Headteacher’s to ensure compliance with our statutory responsibilities.
The successful candidate will :
• have a recognisable qualification in school business management, accountancy, human resources or procurement and contract management
• have experience in working in a school or business environment at a senior level
• have the skills and personality to be able to support Headteachers, lead school teams and build successful working relationships
• be able to demonstrate strong IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. and a mastery of bespoke software relating to the job role.
• have the desire to help build successful schools and demonstrate a commitment to ensuring that our school communities are effective, efficient and sustainable
• have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.
It is likely that in the first instance, the role will be centred around 2 schools based in Northamptonshire and have a Trust wide focus on procurement. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and hold a current driver’s licence. As travel is required between sites, they must have access to a reliable means of transport in order to carry out their duties.
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply - All documents including the full job description, person specification and application form are available on our website www.tovelearning.org.uk . Please ensure your application form and covering letter includes examples of your experience and how you meet the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification. Please do not send a cv without a fully completed application form. Further information requests or completed applications should be sent to Sue Wagstaff on firstname.lastname@example.org