Associate Director of The Arts
An important part of the Trust’s strategy for school improvement is to increasingly grow the capacity for specialist outstanding practitioners. We are now looking to recruit specialists in the following area:
- The Arts (Including Performing Arts, Art, Music and Dance)
You will be able to demonstrate successful leadership with significant curriculum experience in your specialist area. You will have a proven track record of examination success and be able to evidence that you are a consistently good to outstanding teacher who can demonstrate and model the qualities required for this key leadership role. You must have experience in at least one of the subject areas.
Your key role will be to work with Curriculum Leaders and teachers throughout the Trust and assist in accelerating the pace of improvement to ensure better outcomes in the above areas. You will also be responsible for coordinating Trust wide events such as theatre productions, music concerts etc.
Although you will be based in an academy, providing you with an opportunity to be part of a leadership team, regular travel across the northern region will be necessary in supporting curriculum leadership and teacher development throughout the Trust.
In return, we can offer you
• A family of Academies within the Trust and a set of values we all share
• Support for your professional development and the opportunity to continue to develop your leadership skills in a well-resourced academy environment
• A real opportunity to work in partnership with the Trust to move academies to good or better within three years.
• Good relationships and loyalty with pupils, parents, carers and the wider community.
• Car Scheme and Cycle to Work (Salary Sacrifice)
The Northern Education Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check. We expect all adults who work for the Trust to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our students.
For further information, please contact Natalie Sutherland (Trainee HR Advisor) on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note completed applications must be returned to Natalie Sutherland by email.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 28th June 2019