The Governors are seeking to recruit an energetic and committed professional with successful experience as a Deputy Headteacher or equivalent to lead the development of the Twyford Trust’s third secondary school – Ealing Fields High School.
The opportunity to lead our third school is an exciting and challenging one. The excitement will come in the building of a new and distinctive community with a growing team of staff, and in designing every aspect of the school’s operations within the context of secure policies and practices which are already in existence across the Trust.
In the first year you will be required to position the marketing and development of the school, supported by the Trust’s established and experienced leadership team. You will work in tandem with the Associate Headteacher of Twyford (Karen Barrie) under the leadership of the Executive Headteacher (Alice Hudson) who has responsibility for overall strategy. The Associate Headteacher designate will also be encouraged to learn from the experience of William Perkin in setting up a new school and will benefit from the support of its Associate Headteacher (Keir Smith).
The role of Associate Headteacher of Ealing Fields presents a unique professional development opportunity for a candidate who already has proven experience in supporting pupil progress and progression at whole school level as a Deputy Headteacher or equivalent. It will be a chance to develop as a Headteacher within a visionary and enterprising context, and with the support of an experienced Executive team.
The particular opportunities within the role are to ensure the ethos and vision for the school are strong, and are supported by clear planning of the curriculum and pastoral programmes. This will be important in planning the design of the school in its new permanent buildings while also growing the community within its current temporary accommodation. You will also therefore have a vision for staff development which will contribute to practice across the Trust during this period of rapid growth.
More information about the Twyford Trust and its schools can be viewed and downloaded from the Trust website at http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/ and interested candidates are encouraged to visit the school in advance of application. Please contact Zoe Ruck, HR Manager, at email@example.com to arrange this.
You will have:
- A good degree and QTS
- Excellent skills as a classroom teacher and proven record of outstanding results
- Sustained experience in Middle Leadership
- Relevant experience as Deputy Headteacher or equivalent
- Successful experience of meeting the standards outlined in the Ofsted framework
- A commitment to the principles and practices of Assessment for Learning
- Experience of supporting pastoral systems at whole school level
- Thorough understanding of issues relating to the safeguarding of children and young people
- A vision for sustainable staff development.
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Demonstrable commitment to the Informing Christian values of the Trust.
- The chance to join a creative & dynamic team of experienced curriculum and pastoral leaders committed to building an outstanding school community
- The opportunity to build a small but distinctive educational community
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels.
Ealing Fields High School opened in September 2016 and joined the Twyford Trust on 1st September 2017. The school has two year groups (7 and 8), totalling 240 students. The staff community, though still small, is very positive and highly motivated. The school will move into its new building during 2019-20 but until then will remain situated in temporary accommodation in Wyke Gardens.
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at the Twyford Trust by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not submit applications by fax.
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 18 October 2017
Interview date: Thursday 9 November 2017
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check