Role: To contribute to the key objective of the School Improvement Plan, ‘Raising standards of achievement’ by working under the guidance of senior teaching staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individual groups, in or out of the classroom, and supervising whole classes during the absence of teachers.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· To provide cover supervision for the long and short-term absence of teachers.
· Direct and supervise students to complete the work set and complete records for absent teachers
· To take on teaching timetables of members of staff with planned absence.
· Support departments with planning and preparation of lessons liaising with the Head of the Department and the team.
· To assist departments by supporting with marking and feedback where required.
· To use specialist skills/training/experience to support students' learning.
· Undertake dedicated and focused 1 to 1 work with individual and groups of students.
· Utilise specialist skills and knowledge to ensure activities promote the learning and progress of students.
· To establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
· To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom.
· To support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
· To encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities.
· To promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance.
· To establish an appropriate learning environment in lessons.
· To work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lesson/work plans as appropriate.
· To monitor and evaluate student responses to learning activities within a supervised lesson.
· To provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required to the teacher on student achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence.
· To be responsible for keeping and updating school records contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested.
· To promote positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflicts and incidents in line with established Positive Behaviour policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
· To carry out invigilation of internal and external examinations and assist with students who have specific needs, for example access arrangements.
· To provide curriculum administrative support, administer coursework, produce worksheets and create resources as required, taking account of student’s needs, language, and ability.
· Contribute to academy quality assurance processes when required.
· Reprographics/printing as required.
· To support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students' competence and independence in its use.
Leeds East Academy – Soaring to Success
Leeds East Academy is an 11-16 school, flourishing in a state of the art new building which provides a fantastic learning environment for students. We are a vibrant and expanding school which thrives at the heart of a diverse and dynamic community. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds East Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students. The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the careers page on our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk to download an application form. Once completed please return to email@example.com
Advert live date: ASAP
Closing date: Monday 16th October 2017 12 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 17th October 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th October 2017
Start date: As soon as possible