Term time only (39 teaching weeks plus 2 weeks in school holidays)
Highly competitive salary - £17,000 - £20,402 FTE
(£14,656- £17,415 based on 39 weeks term time only + 2 weeks)
Required from September 2017
• Do you want to play a key role in the founding of an exciting, new, and innovative allthrough
• Do you want to move your career forward in an environment which nurtures talent and has
scope for career progression?
• Do you believe all students have the potential to succeed given great teaching and the right
• Do you want to be part of an exciting new venture that aims to eradicate the premise that
economic disadvantage is an excuse for poor attainment?’
As a new all-through school, One Degree Academy has been given a rare opportunity to create a
world class, continuous learning experience for children from 4-18 years old. Our Primary school
opened in September 2016 with reception who are now moving in to Year 1.
Our aspirations for One Degree Academy are simple and ambitious: through inspirational teaching,
every One Degree Academy student will develop the knowledge, attributes, and aspirations to
succeed at university, enjoy a productive career, and lead a great life.
Our goal is that, regardless of background, every child leaves One Degree ready for a life of choice
and opportunity. To achieve this, we are focused on 3 things:
• Outstanding teaching and learning and a knowledge-based curriculum
• Developing non-cognitive capacities in a caring and disciplined environment
• Raising aspirations through partnerships with world-leading businesses and universities
We aim to transform the lives of our students through our persistent and relentless focus on the small
but important details and actions necessary for great teaching and learning. We know that greatness
is achieved through perseverance and incremental improvement - ‘one degree’ at a time. This idea
is at the heart of our school.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Associate Tutor to help found our new school. This is an
exciting and rare opportunity to help shape One Degree Academy from its inception, and to be part
of something profound and special.
We are particularly interested in a candidate’s commitment to the continual and incremental
improvement of pupil learning and development - and in an unfaltering belief in the potential of
every child - than in extensive experience. Whether you are an experienced support assistant or are
recently qualified, you will play a key part in the school’s development.
As with our students, we want to grow and develop our staff, ‘step by step’: all staff will receive
weekly instructional coaching and extended development time.
Our curriculum is based on cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research and
we look at the best practice from across the globe to influence our thinking. All staff at One Degree
will visit excellent schools regularly and will have the opportunity to take part in high-quality CPD
tailored to their needs.
Every decision at One Degree Academy is made upon full consideration of the question “does this
help pupil’s learning?” This means that all of our developing systems are as simple, transparent and
effective as they can be.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to:
• Play a key role in the founding of our new all-through school;
• Join an organisation and team utterly committed to teacher development and growing great
staff - step by step; and
• Receive weekly instructional coaching and feedback, enabling rounded development as a
Successful candidates will:
• Have an unfaltering believe in the ability of all children to achieve through great teaching and
a strong culture of high expectations;
• Welcome positive feedback and be committed to the idea of continuous improvement and selfdevelopment;
• Have the skills and dedication to have a positive impact on the lives of our students and on the
community of Edmonton.
If being actively involved in the development of a new, all-through school appeals to you, and if you
share our passion for raising the standards of education then we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for the post, then an application pack can be downloaded directly from our website.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to: email@example.com Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 8th May 2017 at 9am. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 8th May 2017
Early Applications encouraged – We will process all applications on a rolling basis.
We love welcoming visitors to One Degree Academy. If you would like to arrange a visit to the Academy site or should you wish to obtain further information regarding the Academy or the advertised post, please e-mail the Principal, Aidan Sadgrove, on firstname.lastname@example.org