The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for an Attendance, Admissions & lead First Aid Pastoral Manager to start as soon as possible. If you are an experienced Pastoral Lead, this role at Charles Read Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
To engage with parents/carers and families to provide early intervention, support and guidance to improve transition into school, attendance, and learning outcomes for pupils
Salary & Benefits
- 37 hours, (Term Time Only)
- Grade 13 £19,391 to be pro rata
- Access to Teachers/Local Government Pension Scheme.
About our Academy
The Charles Read Academy is a small 11-16 school in Corby Glen, Lincolnshire and it serves the villages between Stamford, Bourne and Grantham. In 2016, we were ranked one of the most improved secondary schools in the country in the performance tables and were proud to be judged 'good' by Ofsted in all areas in January 2017.
We have a strong sense of purpose and are fervently committed to the achievement of every individual. We aim to provide a high-quality education in a safe, happy, caring and focused environment. We encourage all students to embody our values of confidence, resilience, ambition, courage, respect and aspiration. We are intent on developing a love of learning amongst our students, offering them a broad and balanced curriculum, enhanced by a range of enrichment activities designed to support their personal growth. We encourage all students to take responsibility for their own learning.
We are ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We are very proud of our community and believe we offer something genuinely different and exciting for those who join us. Our rural setting allows us the privilege of working in a stimulating and dynamic school that, combined with our co-educational ethos and smaller size, engenders a culture that genuinely cherishes individuality, aims to instil creativity and independence and celebrates open-minded thinking. Underpinned by our values of Confidence, Resilience, Ambition, Courage and Aspiration, we are student focused and we believe that there are no limits for outstanding learning and outstanding achievement. We have high expectations of our students and staff - and hold high aspirations and demonstrated complete belief in all our students.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications and Professional Development
- 5 A* - C GCSE grades (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Experience of working with young people aged 11-19 in a secondary school
- Willingness to undertake further work related training
- Good ICT skills (including using Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Knowledge and understanding of strategies to overcome barriers to learning, behaviour and attendance
- The ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Good organisation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake first aid training
- Evidence of continuing professional development in safeguarding
- Knowledge of SIMs or BROMCOM or a similar system
- Able to develop positive relationships with children, colleagues and parents
- Able to work as part of a team, friendly manner and a sense of humour
- Flexible and approachable in a busy day to day environment
- Ability to cope with and adapt to change
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Meet strict deadlines
Charles Read Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.