35 hours per week – term time only
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Attendance and Admissions Officer to join the administration team. Featherstone High is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
- Excellent CPD programme and free access to online Microsoft certified training.
- Access to www.teacherperks.co.uk for all employees to exclusive benefits and big discounts from some of the UK's biggest brands.
- Generous Local Government Pension.
- Onsite gym membership with 50% off at £15 per month.
- Contribution towards eye tests and VDU prescription glasses.
- Exclusive access to Costco membership.
- We also offer Cycle to Work scheme, free counselling, free onsite secure parking and occupational health service.
The main duties will include:
- Maintaining accurate student attendance and lateness records on the SIMS.Net Attendance Module daily.
- Following up student absences and lateness on a daily basis with guidance from relevant colleagues, making appropriate referrals.
- Being the key person responsible for pupil admissions in accordance with the school admissions policy.
- Managing the procedures relating to pupil transfers in accordance with school policy.
- Integral administrative and ICT skills (MS Office).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a 'can-do' attitude.
- Be able to work as team, yet use your own initiative.
- Be resilient, flexible and demonstrate an ability to work in a busy environment.
- SIMS experience (particularly the attendance module) gained from working in a school, voluntarily or paid, as well as experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
We value our staff and actively support their professional development. We are one of very few schools to achieve the Platinum Award for CPD – a reflection of the importance we attach to supporting the professional development of colleagues. We have recently been awarded the Well-being Award for Schools, where our support for staff and students' well-being was highlighted as a strength.
All applicants are welcome to visit the school, application forms and further details are available from the School’s website or contact Mrs Anita Ral, Senior HR Advisor on 0208 843 0984 ext. 292 for an application pack. Electronic application forms are compulsory. Please ensure you address the person specification in detail. CVs are not accepted. Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 19 February 2020, however we reserve the right to close the advert early if we appoint sooner.
Interviews to be held: w/c 17 February 2020.
Featherstone High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.