Attendance and Pastoral Officer: Sixth Form
Salary: HBC3 SCP 5-6, £18,795 - £19,171 (Pro-rata term time equivalent £15,036 - £15,336)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Term Time
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Attendance and Pastoral Officer to work with our sixth form students and their families on matters relating to attendance and punctuality (especially to those students with persistent absence) and provide other pastoral and study support to sixth form students.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and be able to develop positive relationships with all members of the school's community. Ideally, you will have experience of working with young people and families in difficult and complex circumstances. To fulfil this role ideally you will need:
• A good working knowledge of SIMS to input data and produce reports.
• Excellent administrative and computer skills to produce letters and reports using Word and Excel.
• To work with students who are poor attenders or have punctuality issues providing strategies and monitoring their attendance.
• To lead on attendance and punctuality of students and decide on strategies and interventions. This may include meetings with parents and students, home visits, letters, reports.
• To hold a clean, current driving licence.
• To assist organising and supervising the sixth form study room.
Details and application form are available via email from firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from the website. Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to the Principal, Mr E. Wright at email@example.com we can only accept applications submitted on school application forms.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 22nd April 2019.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 30thApril 2019
Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy is committed to, and actively promotes, equal opportunities for all its students and staff. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is conditional upon receiving satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.