Employer: The Gordon Children’s Academy
Salary: Trust Support Staff Grade C -£16,500 - £18,500 FTE
(£13,969 - £15,662 pro-rata for the hours stated)
Location:Strood, Medway, Kent
Start Date:September 2019
Hours:37 hours per week, 39 weeks (Term time plus 1 week)
Working hours - Monday - Friday, 8am to 4pm
Closing Date of Position: Thursday 20th June 2019
An exciting opportunity to join our Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School (February 2017).
We are seeking to appoint an Attendance Improvement Coordinator to join our friendly office team and promote excellent attendance and punctuality at our school, and undertake relevant administration (e.g. exclusion from school letters) as and when required.
Pupils of Gordon’s Children’s Academy are proud of their school and have an exciting environment around them to learn in, we encourage use of a creative curriculum and all children enjoy decorating their classroom whilst they focus on a particular topic across the curriculum.
Our school is set in a large Victorian building, with high ceilings and plenty of space for intervention and breakout sessions. We have three large halls, three playgrounds, we have a fantastic Early Years outdoor play area, a remembrance garden and a small stage built into one of our playgrounds too. Our location provides excellent links to the M2 and A2.
What you will get from The Gordon Children’s Academy:
A team that works well together and is supportive to new members
Happy, well behaved children who are keen learners
Parents who are supportive of the school
High expectations for all members of the school community
Supportive staff within the school and amongst the Trust
Excellent CPD opportunities especially through the New Horizons Teaching School’s Alliance
A school that puts children first and at the centre of all policy, practise and decision making
Discounted gym membership at Thinking Fitness
What you will need to succeed:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a confident nature
- Committed to supporting pupils and colleagues
- English and Maths at GCSEs grades A-C or equivalent, a good standard of education and a willingness to undertake professional development training
- Ability to maintain focus, objectivity and sound judgment under complex conditions to achieve desired outcomes
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational, time management and administrative skills being able to remain calm under pressure
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- Be a team player and the ability to work independently
- Flexibility to adapt to any situation that may arise
- A great sense of humour and resilience
Additional skills and experience:
- First Aid experience – we can offer training
- Knowledge of SIMS would be advantageous but we will offer training
You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
The Gordon’s Children’s Academy is a newly federated academy based in the Strood area. Our Junior and Infant school work closely together to ensure that all staff and children work together as one. We are lucky enough to have a passionate workforce at our school who all care for and respect the fantastic children of our school. We are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children, and our staff too. We have high expectations of behaviour and we recognise that it is our responsibility to listen to the children verbally or by interpreting their behaviour.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a large primary academy, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Visits to the school are strongly recommended, please contact Kerry Masters, Office Manager, to book an appointment.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.