Attendance Improvement Coordinator
TSAT Grade -£20,646 – £23,237 per annum FTE (pro-rata to £17,874 - £20,118 for the hours and weeks stated)
37 hours per week
40 weeks per year (Term time plus 1)
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 31st March 2020
Interviews: w/c 20th April 2020
Start Date: TBC
We are a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth we are looking to appoint an Attendance Improvement Coordinator, to join our supportive and dynamic staff team.
The Portsmouth Academy is a ‘Good’ school with outstanding leadership and management - Ofsted April 2017
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities and that we remove barriers to any forms of disadvantage. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic and valuable members of society when they leave the Academy.
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Portsmouth Academy and The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What you will need to succeed:
• The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and adhere to GDPR protocol to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
• Be a team player and be able to liaise with Academy staff, Trust staff, the Local Authority, relevant outside agencies as well as parent/carers, as well as being able to work under your own initiative.
• The ability to work accurately and in a timely manner.
• The ability to comply with TSAT policies and procedures.
• The ability to arrange and conduct meetings as appropriate.
• The ability to develop and maintain initiatives to motivate pupils to achieve outstanding school attendance.
• The ability to produce and interpret information relating to attendance patterns.
• The ability to undertake home visits as required.
• The ability to complete and return Persistent Absence data to the Local Authority and to report on attendance data to the senior leadership team.
• Be educated to a good standard, having 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths, at grade A-C or equivalent.
• Have working knowledge Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of SIMS software is desirable.
• The personal commitment to improving the life chances of all our students.
What our Trust can offer you:
• A competitive salary
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
• We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy. We were proud to receive the Wellbeing Award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards ceremony.
• The Trust holds regular CPD events.
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
• The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
• Onsite parking free of charge.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.