Role: Attendance Leader
Grade: PO1 .33 - .36 £29,323 - £31, 601 pro rata TTO plus 20* days £27,127 - £29, 234 *
* 20 days to be used to support attendance of Y11 during holiday periods and support with transition events.
Hours: 37 per week
Mon-Thurs 07:30 – 15:30, Fri 07:30 – 15:00
Accountable to: Associate Principal – Behaviour and Safety
We are seeking an outstanding individual to improve attendance rates and reduce student absence. This is a key role within the academy and will give you the opportunity to lead on driving a positive attendance and punctuality culture.
As part of the Academy Pastoral Team the Attendance Leader will:
· Lead on and be accountable for all aspects of attendance across the academy, coordinating the attendance teams and ensuring that a clear and robust action plan exists to both incentivise good attendance whilst also challenging poor attendance through legal and other means.
· Be a role model in attendance procedures, supporting the day to day operations of the attendance team and taking an active part in ensuring that students arrive to school on time, in the correct uniform and ready to learn every day.
· Challenge individual students whose attendance is below the National average, forming strong links with the parents and carers of students with persistent absence.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with senior leaders to create the annual development plan for attendance within the Academy, ensuring that the strategy in place is sufficiently sophisticated to deliver rapid improvements in attendance.
· Work with the Key Stage Pastoral Leaders to plan a half termly Academy incentive programme for attendance, ensuring that incentives are low cost, high impact, relevant to students and effectively promoted across the Academy.
· Coordinate the daily actions of the attendance team, focusing priority on groups of students with both the highest needs (safeguarding) and the highest chance of success in home visits.
· Quality assure the attendance actions carried out on a daily basis, ensuring that all absent students have had some form of attendance intervention and that all colleagues within the Academy are robustly supporting and delivering on the attendance strategy.
· Support, oversee and track the requirement of all instances of illness to be evidenced with medical information.
· Support, oversee and track the legal process for all parents who are not meeting their legal obligation to send their child to school every day unless they are too ill to do so.
· Develop strong relationships with Leeds City Council to further support the Academy in delivering a strong message about the importance of attendance.
· With the Academy year managers, set up and oversee all attendance clinics at both senior and middle leadership level.
· In conjunction with the relevant Academy year manager, monitor carefully the attendance of students at offsite provisions and take action to improve attendance where necessary.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of secondary schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on Innovation, Leadership Development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
For further information, please visit our website at www.leedscityacademy.org. If you would like to apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 22 November 2018 12 noon
Shortlisting date: Friday 23 November 2018
Interview date: Friday 30 November 2018