37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Unity City Academy is an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway.
We take from a very diverse catchment area which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
We are looking to appoint two effective support professionals to become our new Attendance Officers. This is a key support role and will enable you to make a real difference to our students, families and community. You will manage the attendance team and carry out and co-ordinate strategies and tasks all designed to improve attendance rates so our students achieve the highest standards of education. You will be required to use your own transport.
- Have experience of working effectively with young people and ideally have experience of attendance strategies in education.
- Have experience of using data effectively and be proactive in working together with a wide range of people.
- Have the ability to liaise sensitively and effectively with parents and carers.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This post is fixed term until December 2020 and is required to commence January 2020.
Closing date: Monday 25 November 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.