We are looking for an enthusiastic person with relevant experience and a high level of personal drive and energy, who will be able to contribute to improving the attendance of students.
You will be self-motivated, exceptionally well organised and a good team worker and will play a key role in raising attendance levels of students.
You will possess good literacy and numeracy skills. The ability to work effectively with students and their parents/carers is essential as well as good IT skills and experience of using SIMS.
• To support the school on strategies to promote the regular and punctual attendance of all students and assist with the implementation of these.
• To maintain accurate attendance registers and records, chase missing registers, monitor registers for accuracy and correct coding, helping to prepare for audits and census.
• Meet with school staff, students and parents to identify individual problems and possible solutions.
• To make contact with families in response to allocated referrals i.e. home visits and /or meetings in school.
• To establish the reason for non attendance, make assessments and agree a plan for facilitating a return to school using appropriate strategies within specified timescales.
• To support the Attendance Manager to ensure the school is carrying out its statutory responsibility in respect of students. This will include preparing statements, attending and presenting evidence or request the issuing of penalty notice fines or other legal sanctions and completion of Common Assessment Form (Early Help) referrals.
• To provide attendance/punctuality reports for Pastoral Managers in support of case conferences, core groups and any other meetings.
• To keep clear and concise records of all consultations and to write any other reports i.e. annual action plan and summaries, as required for the school.
• To acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the statutory framework relating to school attendance, child protection and special needs in order to be able to offer informed advice to parents, school staff, governors and others.
An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: 9am Thursday 17th October 2019
Contract: Fixed Term Maternity Cover until 31st August 2020
37.5 hrs per week / term time only