Learning Together, Achieving Together, Succeeding Together
Little Ilford School’s Autism Provision is due to open in September 2017. We are seeking to appoint five highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistants to support our first cohort of students with Autism and severe communication needs.
The role includes supporting students within the provision, in mainstream lessons and during social times as well as supporting the development of the provision under the direction of the Autism Provision manager.
- Be good communicators and able to work as a member of a team;
- Have a commitment to professional development;
- Be open-minded and creative in meeting student’s individual needs;
- Be able to deal positively and calmly with students who have a high level of need;
- Be able to take part in swimming lessons and life skills trips and prepared to support students with personal care.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of students with Autism and severe communication needs;
- Have a minimum ‘C’ GCSE English and Maths and a relevant NVQ level 2-3 or equivalent.
We can offer:
A challenging and rewarding role within an innovative and dynamic provision;
A friendly and supportive working environment in brand new purpose built facilities;
Training and opportunities for professional development;
Ownership of the role;
The opportunity to have a significant impact on students’ development in a supportive and innovative provision.
To apply, obtain further information or for an informal discussion please contact Debbie Silvestri on 020 8928 3548/email email@example.com or go to www.JobsGoPublic.com
The closing date is Friday 23 June 2017.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
LITTLE ILFORD SCHOOL
London E12 6JB
Headteacher – Ian Wilson