Autism Resource Centre Manager
Place of Employment: Based at Swinton Academy
Aston Community Education Trust
Hours of work: 37 hours per week Term time
Including working 2 out of 5 INSET days each academic year as directed by the school, with availability to work any or all of the remaining 3 INSET days at short notice should the need arise, and for which additional payment will be made
Likely to be generally 8.00am – 4.00pm
Salary: Band I Pro rata salary £28,390 – £30,588
points 28 – 31 (based on a full time salary of £32,234 - £34,728)
(plus an additional 1 week of pay if the appointee has 5 years or more continuous service with the Local Authority)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Autism Resource Centre Manager who, reporting to the Vice Principal and SENDCo, will lead our dedicated integrated Autism Resource Centre – an enhanced provision which supports students who have a diagnosis of ASC to access learning in a mainstream setting. The post holder will also make a significant contribution to transition at all stages for students identified with SEND and be an active member of the academy’s safeguarding team. The successful candidate will have experience of working with children with autism, and have experience of applying safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures and of multi-agency working.
You will be:
• able to work alongside the SENDCo, Vice Principal and the ACET Inclusion Lead to plan and deliver
innovative and appropriate learning activities
• able to lead, manage and develop the Autism Resource Centre, ensuring a high standard of provision for all students
• able to build positive links with contributory primary schools and post 16 providers
• able to effectively and efficiently manage and deploy resources
• able to contribute to CPD of colleagues within the resource and across the academy.
• committed to promoting positive values, attitudes and behaviour
• able to interest, engage and motivate students to work hard
• able to advance students’ learning in a range of settings
• able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff and students across the academy and wider trust
For further information and instructions about how to apply, please visit www.swintonacademy.org and follow the link to the vacancies section, or contact Gail Walker if you have any difficulties via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications should be returned to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 13th December 2021.
We undertake to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure and barring services check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs
Aston Community Education Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note if you have not received a reply within three weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.