Eagle House School (Sutton) is an independent co-educational day provision for pupils between the ages of 11 and 19, providing secondary and further education for pupils with autism. We recognise that successful learning for our pupils is achieved through positive experiences and we strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person.
We are looking for an inspirational autism specialist Class Teacher who is passionate about working with the pupils within our sensory pathway who have a diagnosis of autism and moderate to severe learning difficulties. You will be an outstanding Teacher with QTS/QTLS and experience working with pupils with autism, who is committed to create, implement and monitor bespoke life skills and independence curriculum as part of their Sensory Pathway Lead role.
You will be highly skilled in using approaches known to be successful for sensory pathway learners such as TEACCH, Visual and alternative, augmentative communication strategies. You will be familiar with a total communication approach to supporting pupils understanding as well as positive strategies for understanding, supporting and managing learners with challenging behaviour. You will work alongside our in-house multidisciplinary team of therapists and a supportive team of Senior Leaders.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge in your career, we would love you to join us!
If you are:
- Outstanding autism specialist Teacher with QTS or QTLS
- Experienced in and passionate about teaching sensory pathway pupils diagnosed with complex autism
- Experienced in leading a substantial project with whole school impact
- Effective in training, coaching and mentoring other staff members
- Inspiring and able to motivate and line mange the team of Teachers and Learning Support Assistants
- Creative, resilient with a positive and ambitious attitude to promoting independence
- Committed to working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Confident in dealing with young people who may display challenging behaviours
Then you are the person we are looking for!
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a highly specialist, supportive environment
- Pro-active managers, supported by an outstanding team of ambitious and dedicated leaders and directors
- A curriculum based on the National Curriculum developed specifically to meet the varied needs of autistic pupils with the ‘Eagle House Approach’ at its centre
- Wonderful pupils with a highly positive and ambitious attitude to learning and to life
- A commitment to individualised, specialised and collective continued professional development for all staff
- A creative, enthusiastic, supportive and caring team of staff
- Wellbeing & benefits programme including competitive salary and pay progression, teachers’ pension scheme, CPD and career development opportunities, private healthcare plan, freshly cooked quality lunch every day at discounted price, on site personal trainer sessions, health and nutrition advice, work-life balance to enjoy your time at home!
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To arrange an informal discussion with Francesca Arocas, Headteacher please contact Irena Graham, HR Officer on 0208 770 7788.
To request an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 020 8770 7788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.