Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Autistic Spectrum Disorder Teaching Assistant / ASD TA to work on a 1:1 basis with a child in Reception in a school in Westbourne Park. This role is to start immediately and continue through to the end of the academic year as a full time position. This primary school has been rated ‘Good’ by Oftsed and has been serving the community in West London for over 150 years. This primary school welcomes children and families from diverse range of cultures and backgrounds. Education is provided for students between the ages of 3 and 11 years, with the inclusion of a wide range of special needs including learning disabilities and ASD.
About the Role
· 1:1 ASD Teaching Assistant for a child in Reception
· The successful candidate will need to be active, energetic and have the ability to respond quickly to a variety of situations
· Must have experience supporting students with severe ASD
· Due to the students’ needs the candidate must be confident to manage related behavioural issues
· Some knowledge of recognised de-escalation techniques such as Team Teach or MAPA is desirable but not essential
· Full time position to start immediately and continue through to the end of the academic year
· Daily rate starting from £70 a day – depending on experience
About the School
· Recently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
· Exceptional facilities including rooftop sports area and large bright classrooms
· 1 form entry school with friendly and supportive team
· Easily accessible from London underground and London buses in Zone 2
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Autistic Spectrum Disorder Teaching Assistant / ASD TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have proven UK classroom-based experience: minimum of 6 weeks full-time
· Prefer someone with experience in a special school, but this is not essential
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SZL12091.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.