North Hill House School, Fromefield, Frome, Somerset, BA11 2HB
North Hill House School are recruiting for a Bank Learning Support Assistant to be a key member of our education support team. Set in its own grounds close to Frome town centre, North Hill House is an independent specialist day and residential school for children and young people aged 6 to 19 years with high functioning autistic spectrum disorders, including Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties.
Our school provides a strong focus for both UK and international students who need different levels of support to succeed, thus allowing our young people to thrive effectively in an ever-demanding and complex society. Students have ambitions to live and work as self-reliant adults and we can help them to reach their goals with continued support, structure and guidance. The school welcomes students on a day or weekly residential basis for 38 weeks per year.
As a Bank Learning Support Assistant, you will:
- Work with our young people as a key member of our team to enhance the education of our students
- Support our young people to achieve their full potential
- Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching, learning, social and independence activities and experiences
- Be flexible in your approach to respond to the changing needs of our students.
Our Bank workers are trained to the same level as our permanent staff and are treated as an integral part of the team.
- To support our young people to achieve their full potential, you will have:
- A QCF Diploma or higher in relevant care or children and young people is desirable for this role.If not, the successful applicant will commence the attainment process within 6 months of joining and will be funded by Priory Group
- Excellent communication skills, along with patience and enthusiasm
- A high degree of emotional resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A clean driving license with at least 3 years driving experience is essential for this role.
For amazing work, we give amazing rewards:
- Online discounts and cash back for high street to holidays
- Free monthly £1,000 colleague lotto
- We pay for your DBS
- Career Pathways – Our commitment to your career progression
- Amazing charity schemes
- Free parking on site
- Cash for colleagues - Earn money for friends you recommend.
Career Pathways – we don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career! Visit https://www.priorycareerpathways.com/ to find out more!
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.