Marden lodge Primary School are offering an exciting opportunity for a confident individual seeking flexible working arrangements to support our before and after school club at Marden Lodge Primary School. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to help create a positive experience for the children.
The successful candidate will work alongside our well established and welcoming after school care team, to provide a safe and stimulating environment and encourage creative and imaginative playtime activities. We are looking for an experienced childcare practitioner, who will engage and inspire the children through extra-curricular activities and learning outside the classroom and uphold the ethos and values of the school.
Working Hours required will be 27.5 hours per week term time only between the following hours, 7:30 - 9.30am and 2:30- 6:00pm Monday to Friday. Job share will be considered.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has experience of working with children aged between 4 and 11 years;
- Can share our passion for providing positive play experiences that contribute towards children’s happiness and enjoyment;
- Has a good knowledge and understanding of required policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and confidentiality;
- Possess a paediatric first aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Has a basic understanding of food hygiene or a willingness to obtain
- Is qualified to NVQ level 2 is essential.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to be part of GLF schools
- A high level of support through a collaboration with local schools in the area
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- A supportive, friendly team and work environment
The right candidate will have:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- Previous childcare experience
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A commitment to the happiness well being, self esteem and progress of everyone at the school
If you would like further information, please contact the school office.
Closing Date: 24th June
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.