Who are we?
Football Beyond Borders is an education charity that uses the power of football to inspire young people from disadvantaged communities to achieve their goals and make their voices heard through our behaviour for learning programme. We use football as an engagement tool to tackle low educational attainment, poor school attendance and challenging behaviour. We work with over 400 young people each week who are passionate about football but are disengaged at school. We work across a range of schools in both a mainstream setting and in specialist provisions, with a key focus on Key Stage 3.
Why join us?
We think that this is the best place in the world to work. You’ll be working with young people, staff and volunteers who are deeply passionate about everything that we do. We are a rapidly growing organisation, working with 400 young people at more than 25 schools across London. Our mission is to use the power of football to create an inclusive society. We are fighting for a world in which all young people have the opportunities to become all that they can be. This is an incredible role full of variety, excitement and working with passionate young people who love being a part of the FBB Family. You’ll be joining one of the UK’s fastest growing social sector organisations at a time of huge excitement and possibility.
The role will be based around the delivery of our FBB Schools programme in partnership with primary and secondary schools across London. This will involve delivery of between 7 and 8 sessions per week along with reward visits. You will be working with inspiring young people who are passionate
about football and love being a part of FBB. The FBB Schools programme will involve a combination of classroom based delivery from our project based, football-themed FBB Curriculum and pitch based delivery from our constraints-led, game based Coaching Curriculum. You’ll also support the delivery of our remarkable rewards meaning you’ll need to make room in your diary for trips to Wembley, the Emirates, Stam ford Bridge as well as events with leading sportswear brands and high profile professional footballers.
- Lead on the delivery of up to 8 of FBB Schools programmes at our partner schools
- Lead on the ongoing evaluation and monitoring of individual sessions, participant performance and programme outcomes
- Lead on the development and delivery of tailored interventions for our participants
- Track, draft and submit progress reports on the students contained in your FBB Schools programmes
- Manage the team of staff members and volunteers on each of your FBB School programmes
- Support our Head of Delivery in the ongoing review and development of our football themed, literacy curriculum
The full job specifications and key parts of the FBB Schools programme are contained in the Educational Practitioner Job Description PDF.
Please review this document before submitting your application and feel free to contact us if anything is unclear.
Start date: August/September
Location: HQ based in Brixton, schools at varying locations in London
Salary: Competitive and In Line with QTS Main Pay Scales
Deadline: Midday on Friday 27th April
First Interview: Thursday 3rd May
Please submit a written application form of no more than 2 sides of A4 in minimum 11 point font on the following 3 areas:
• Why you are passionate about supporting young people to achieve their goals both at school and in wider life
• Why you want to do this job and work for FBB
• How your skills and experience relate to the role advertised
• Where you found out about this job posting
Please also submit a CV that includes:
• Personal details including current address, contact details and N.I number
• Education and Training history including details of all qualifications
• Details of 2 referees, including your current employer
• A description of your employment history, including reasons for leaving a post and explanations for any employment gaps
If you have any questions about the role, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.