£12,357 Pro Rata’d Actual
8.45am – 3.15pm 30 hours
Main responsibilities and Duties:
To ensure the safeguarding of students and make a significant contribution to their efforts to both “enjoy and achieve”
To provide support for Heads of Year and the Senior Leadership Team in supporting positive behaviour through the Ready to Learn behaviour policy. This will include working closely with the Isolation Manager and Pastoral Support Officer to assist in managing identified students within the Isolation Room or managing the Isolation Room . This will include supporting restorative conversations with students and staff. The post holder is also expected to support the learning of students within the Isolation Room and with outreach work in lessons if necessary. It is expected that the postholder will also support with implementing planned intervention strategies in conjunction with the Heads of Year, Flexible Learning Centre, Pastoral Team and SLT
To communicate with parents/carers and families and assist in the management of concerns and issues as they arise in relation to student behaviour, welfare and achievement.
To work with students on a 1:1 and small group basis, supporting the learning of students and working with the Isolation Manager and Pastoral Support Officer on a range of intervention programmes for behavioural issues and Special Educational Needs.
- To supervise students whilst in the Isolation Room, maintaining a disciplined and purposeful working environment in line with the Isolation room expectations at all times.
- To liaise with teachers about the provision of work for students in isolation and to ensure that work is completed and returned to the teaching staff.
- To ensure that appropriate and differentiated resources are available for students. This should include resources, activities, textbooks and a scheme of work for each topic and subject area for all year groups.
- To ensure that the Isolation Room is fully resourced at all times, with equipment necessary to enable students to progress to the best of their ability.
- To ensure that the behaviour of students whilst in the Isolation room is of a high standard and in line with the Isolation room expectations.
- To explain to students what is required and what tasks and/or exercises they will be expected to undertake
- To encourage students to reflect on their behaviour and to accept responsibility for their actions by completing Restorative Review sheets and Restorative Conversations.
- To implement strategies to support students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Establish positive and productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model, providing support, encouragement, guidance and assistance for learning, independence, practical activities and social skills.
- To ensure students keep the Isolation Room is tidy and the working environment is of a high standard during the day and at the end of the day.
- To be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people for whom the post holder is responsible, or comes into contact with.
- To liaise with parents as necessary; at times direct communication may be necessary, either by phone or in person.
- When student supervision is not needed: to undertake administration duties in support of the Isolation Room.
- Assist with after school detentions as appropriate
- To attend regular meetings with the Isolation Manager, Pastoral Team and SLT to review intervention opportunities and the Ready to Learn procedures.
- To attend multi-professional meetings, TACs and conferences regarding student welfare and support.
- Use the school management information system to access and input data.
Suitable training will be provided to develop specific qualities which will emerge as the postholder starts the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with children and young people. Desirable NVQ Level III or equivalent (in a relevant area).
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in agreed standards in Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to produce reports for managers.
- Experience of delivering and designing group or training programmes.
There is a requirement to:-
- undertake difficult tasks
- follow complex instructions
- make assessments and analyse data
- problem solve
- implement and review action plans
- act as a Lead Professional
For an application form, please visit https://www.bishopfoxs.co.uk/latest-vacancies/
Please complete the application form and return it to the school office marked FAO The Personnel Dept – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17th February 2020 at 9am