We are looking to recruit a Behaviour for Learning Leader.
The post holder will ensure excellent behaviour for learning within our Learning Hub structure and undertake a wide range of duties to assist in building an effective team of motivated teaching and support staff who share the academy vision of high achievement for all students. You will work closely with the Directors of Faculty and the Assistant Principal with overall responsibility for the Learning Hub.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring excellent behaviour for learning within the Academy
- To lead along with the Directors and APs the behaviour, uniform and attendance standards of the hub.
- To be a member of the Safeguarding team and monitor for active cases and referrals within hub.
- To lead a weekly mentoring group demonstrating impact over time.
- To support the successful delivery of the Academy’s vision for individual student
- To play a significant part in all aspects of the community life of the Academy
- To be part of the team which holds significant responsibility for managing the efficient and effective day to day running day of the Academy
- To lead on pastoral, social, emotional and behavioural issues for students in your Hub
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
About Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich:
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.73, which places us in the top 6% of schools nationally.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- The number seven boys' comprehensive school for student progress, which has been in the top 6% for student progress every year for the past five years
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- A superb group of students, teachers and support staff, led by an exceptionally experienced and supportive leadership team
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies. Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.