Grade 6, Level 1-4 (£21,400 to £23,793 per annum) - Reduced pro-rata (£18,058 to £20,078)
37 hours per week, term-time only, on a permanent contract
We are looking to recruit a Behaviour Manager to provide support in promoting learning systems around the school and to supervise the School Inclusion room, to start as soon as possible.
Main Purpose of the Job:-
• To provide support in promoting behaviour for learning systems around school, including being the lead professional in responding to and dealing with support request referrals and other behaviour incidents
• To manage, supervise and support with the daily running of the School Inclusion Room ensuring behaviour standards are adhered to and that the students focus on academic progress
• To provide support to Progress Leaders, parents, carers and staff so that children maximise their educational progress and personal development
• To support the Deputy Head Teacher for pastoral matters in developing student welfare provision and the educational progress of vulnerable & challenging students. To help students and their families overcome difficulties
• To provide support and advice and promote effective partnership work with parents, external agencies, CYC & staff
Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a school setting and the skills and experience needed to understand and help students and their families.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
The Joseph Rowntree School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntreeschool.co.uk. Please use the non-teaching application form for this post and also download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Miss Rachel Walton, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: email@example.com)
Closing Date: Thursday 21st November 2019 at 12 midnight
Interview Date: Thursday 28th November 2019