Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Behaviour Mentor/Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 or 2:1 with a student at a lovely new primary special needs school in Brent. This well-resourced school caters for students with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties. The head teacher is supportive and fully invested in the teachers and support staff at the school. As the school is quite small, it has a welcoming atmosphere and family-like feel to it. This role is available to start ASAP on a temporary basis initially with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
• Behaviour Mentor
• Will be supporting primary students with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties
• Working 1:1 or 2:1
• Role to begin ASAP with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £70 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Newly opened Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Brent
• Very supportive leadership team; school provides CPD training for staff
• Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
• Caters for children with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health difficulties)
• Soft-play room, therapy room and a specialised music room on site
• Multiple therapists to work with the children and their families
• Breakfasts and lunch provided by a chef onsite each day
• Close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the Behaviour Mentor/Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN or SEMH difficulties (essential)
• Have strong behaviour management skills (essential)
• Will have recent restraint/positive handling training (desirable)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC179533BM.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.