BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Secondary Phase)
Full time, term time only APT&C Scale
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is an outstanding all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich based across three sites under the Koinonia Federation. Due to our ongoing expansion, we are looking to appoint outstanding candidates to join our secondary phase team.
This is a superb opportunity for committed and enthusiastic candidate to work offering behaviour support as well as working with children with special educational needs & disabilities (SEND). All applicants must have behavior support experience as well as experience of working with secondary-aged students with SEND (this experience may have been gained within a mainstream education, in a specialist provision or maybe outside of education).
We offer successful applicants the opportunity to work as part of a friendly and multi-disciplinary team.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
• Have experience of working as a Learning Support/Teaching Assistant, preferably at Secondary level.
• Have extensive experience of working with children who have SEND • Have NVQ Level 2 qualification (essential)
• Have knowledge of ASD (desirable)
• Are able to prepare and teach effective interventions taking into account the individual needs of the learner
• Have a professional manner
• Are enthusiastic and have a friendly approach
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
About the school: St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful outstanding all through school with three school sites; our primary sites are in Woolwich and on the Greenwich Peninsula and our secondary site is based temporarily on the Blackheath Standard and will move to a brand new £40m site on the Greenwich Peninsula in November 2018. St Mary Magdalene leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church.
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
Closing date: Monday 4th June 2018 (12.00 noon)
Interview date: w/c 11th June 2018
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend interview. For further information, please contact Emma Clark by email email@example.com.