Closing Dates: 5th September 2017
Salary: Academy has its own competitive salary scales
Contract type: Permanent/Term Time
Contract term: September 2017 Start
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”?
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high”
Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
Outstanding Behaviour Support Assistant needed for an exceptional school
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· To ensure; the behaviour programmes which include Internal Exclusion, Re-tracking, Reflection and support for the Renaissance Project, deliver successful outcomes for students.
- Support students who have been internally excluded or on the re-tracking programme or The Renaissance project and work with parents to minimise risk of repeating behaviour.
· Design, prepare and deliver a planned programme of social and emotional aspects of learning (SEAL) on a 1-1, or small group basis
The successful candidate will:
· Be Educated to A level or equivalent as a minimum with strong evidence of continuous self-development and updated knowledge.
· Have experience of working with children presenting challenging behaviour.
· Have Working knowledge of SEN Code of Practice is desirable but not essential
· Will have an understanding of the demands of an education/school environment is desirable.
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackney’s thriving community.
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy.
· An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!”
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the Academy’s safer recruitment procedure successful candidate will undergo the enhanced DBS checks.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and visit our recruitment – vacancies page