Harris Academy Morden opened on 1st September 2012 with specialist status for Enterprise. The academy is traditional in its approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. We have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. The academy's GCSE results in 2016 place us in the top 2% of schools nationally.
We are looking for a Behaviour Support Assistant to work in our Student Referral Centre under the direction of the SRC Manager to provide a full behaviour support and intervention service for students and staff to support the academy’s discipline policy. You will be encouraging and supporting pupils to reach their full potential, whilst demonstrating a creative and determined attitude that will help motivate students.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with the ability, drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to our young people
- Someone who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people
- This role could also suit recent university graduates who are interested in gaining initial school experience
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy we have a two week October half term holiday
- ‘A Good Academy with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour’: Ofsted Dec 2014
- A disciplined and well-organised place to learn and teach, with our recent Ofsted recognising the fantastic work to date in transforming this academy. Teaching and learning is at the centre of our drive for improvement
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will help lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development.
For a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.