Behaviour Support/Cover Supervisor (Senior Student Support Officer)
Term-Time + 1 (=39 weeks + holiday entitlement) - I Year contract in first instance.
NJC Scale 5, Spine Point 22-25 (depending on experience) £24,618 - £26,658 pro rata
Hours: (8.30 am -4.00 pm) 35. hours per week
Raine’s Foundation School is a smaller than average 11-18 Church of England School.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Student Support Officer who will also act as
Cover Supervisor based in Mainstream and/or in the schools Learning Support Unit as well as Administrative support duties.
- Provide efficient and effective support to students across key areas of front-facing work
- The role involves working with small groups of children with challenging social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. These pupils may have complex emotional and behavioural needs that need to be carefully managed, and experience of working with these kinds of learners would be desirable
- To be a member of the Pastoral Team working alongside Heads of Learning and the senior Leadership Team.
- The persons appointed will be required to work in either the schools mainstream and or our Learning Support unit.
- To make a significant contribution to the vision and direction of Raine’s Foundation School.
- To cover lessons for staff absences as and when required
This role will suit someone who is highly organised.
- Previous experience of working as a Teaching Assistant or Youth Worker; Behaviour Support Assistant would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible in their approaches
- Be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly
- Have a well-established range of strategies for coping with sometimes challenging situations
- Guide the pupils’ learning towards independence
- Be committed to Raine’s Foundation Schools ethos of high expectations
- Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
- Have good administrative skills.
If you have experience of or an interest in working with young people aged 11 – 18 and can demonstrate a calm and steady manner, effective communication and interpersonal skills and be a positive role model we would welcome your application.
Applicants must be efficient, adaptable, personable, and share the vision of excellence within the School “Achieving Excellence by Unlocking Potential”
Please contact Alison Deady, PA to the Head teacher, for an information pack or down load from the school website www.rainesfoundation.org.uk
Further details and an application pack are available from the school office to which completed forms should be returned:
As part of our safer recruitment procedure the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18th July
The interview will take place: Thursday 19th July