Behaviour Support Worker
- Bradford based- Monday to Friday- Immediate start- PRU School
- Our SEN Team here at Vision for Education specialises in the re-engagement of students who have been excluded from school or who are out of education.
- We are currently assisting an extremely challenging provision in Bradford in their search to find a Behaviour Support Worker for a student on a 1:1 basis who presents SEMH. This is a May 2018 start on an initial long term temporary basis through Vision for Education
- The pay for this role is £68 - £80 (per day)
- Similar experience in a school or community based setting is required
- This is a 5 – 19 provision with children of all needs, SEMH, Autism and various other difficulties. Student’s difficulties vary from Speech, Language or communication needs and moderate learning difficulties.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help young people to become successful at learning, confident as individuals and to live productive and responsible lives.
- · To work 1:1 with a KS3/4 student who demonstrates challenging behaviour.
- · To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- · To mentor and engage with the student, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- · To work alongside the classroom teacher
Requirements - The successful candidate must:
- · Be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
- · Have a non-judgemental approach and be adaptable to situations that could arise.
- We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work or inspiring students who are emotionally and/or socially challenged and who has the ability to establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.
Please contact Chloe or Charlotte in our Huddersfield SEND branch for more information on this job role or please apply with a recent CV on 01484 642928