Behaviour Support Worker - PRU
- ARE YOU A TEACHING ASSISTANT LOOKING FOR A POSITION WITHIN A PUPIL REFERRAL UNIT?
- ARE YOU AVAILABLE 5 DAYS A WEEK (March 2018 start)
- Work is Monday to Friday based in a PRU school in Wakefield
- Vision are flexible on start date, but the school ideally need a candidate with immediate effect
- The pay for this role would be £70 - £80 per day
VISION FOR EDUCATION WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU …….
Vision for Education is currently seeking a teaching assistant for a Pupil Referral Unit close to Wakefield.
Vision for Education’s Huddersfield specialist SEND team are currently working with a Pupil Referral unit close to Wakefield as they look to recruit a Teaching Assistant for their provision.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with vulnerable children / challenging young people or a similar setting. You must be enthusiastic and have the ability to build a rapport with students, be resilient, flexible and be able to think fast on your feet to adapt to challenging situations.
You would need to have experience supporting young people in a similar setting and ideally be trained in Team Teach or similar de-escalation techniques. Not be fazed by challenging behaviours and understand that the behaviour is the display of what the young person is feeling or living through.
Be a role model to show the young person the choices they are making are not positive but to give them options to change those choices.
This is a long term position through Vision for Education on a daily rate however the chance of a contract being offered after 12 weeks is highly likely for the right candidate.
Working through Vision for Education comes with lots of benefits, including:· Competitive daily rates of pay · Exciting and rewarding
Free of charge CPD courses within SEND
· Supportive and dedicated consultants who have worked within SEND themselves.
If you feel that you meet the criteria and would like to join us, or know of somebody who would - then please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org