Haut-Lac international bilingual school (K-12 with around 600 students) near Vevey (Vaud), Switzerland invites applications from bilingual French-English Biology and Science Teachers for IB MYP and DP, to lead the science school team from mid-August 2021.
Applicants should be enthusiastic educators with experience of teaching in international schools and have an interest in promoting extra-curricular activities to our students.
Your profile :
- Bachelor in Biology or equivalent title
- A PGCE or teaching certificate
- Qualified to teach integrated sciences up to MYP5
- Mastery of educational technological tools (iPad, distance learning platforms, etc.)
- Teaching experience of the IB MYP and DP programmes
- A passionate science educator
- Experience of managing teams of teachers
- Preferred experience of a pastoral role
Your mission :
- Leading a team of 4-5 teachers and a lab technician in the Secondary School
- Leading science curriculum developments in the Secondary School and liaising with the Primary science leader
- Teaching MYP integrated science, both in French and English
- Teaching Biology in French in the Diploma Programme
- Participating actively in the extracurricular life of the school
We offer :
- A dynamic and creative work environment
- A human-sized educational environment
- A pleasant and modern infrastructure
Due to Swiss immigration law, only Swiss citizens, Swiss permit holders or EU member countries passport holders can apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 5 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English, French.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
- Criminal background check, References
- Over 30 and below 55 years of age
Haut-Lac International Bilingual School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
Haut-Lac International Bilingual School is a private, bilingual English and French school in Saint-Légier-La Chiésaz, Switzerland. Students can be taught in pre-school from eighteen months, right up until secondary graduation at 18 years. The school ...