BASIS International School Hangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for a Biology Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Biology teacher, you will both begin and build upon foundations to give students a more in-depth understanding of Biology and prepare them for future AP testing. Topics covered include scientific process, cells, microbiology, heredity, plant and animal physiology and function, classification, and ecology. Student-guided labs will give students hands on experience and learning opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare subject specific lessons in Biology.
2. Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
3. Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
4. Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
5. Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
6. Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
BASIS International School Hangzhou
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form