We are looking for an innovative, dynamic Biology teacher with a growth mindset and high expectations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a strong Science faculty. Experience of delivering a skills-based curriculum at Key Stage 3 would be an advantage. Experience of teaching Biology to IB or A-Level is a strong advantage.
St Julian’s is a well-resourced successful non-selective British international school with a reputation for academic excellence. We have motivated students and a hard-working and collegiate staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed and are a school which believes in cultivating academic excellence through holistic education.
We value skills-based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and IB Diploma. St Julian's provides a 1:1 iPad programme for students in Years 7 and 8 and uses Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work in Key stage 3 classrooms with iPads would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An initial contract of two years with extension possible
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Please complete our application form, including your CV and application letter. For queries, please contact Mrs Paula Soares at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th March 2018. Interviews will take place in London or by Skype in March / early April.
St Julian’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).