Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding Biology teacher to join our senior school team in September 2019.
The appointed teacher will be expected to teach mostly IGCSE biology with some key stage 3 science, although some A level biology teaching opportunities may become available to the right candidate.
Runnymede College is looking to recruit a motivated teacher who:
- has excellent subject knowledge
- has outstanding classroom management
- has the ability to teach all three Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) at Key Stage 3 and Biology to IGCSE and A Level.
- delivers engaging and well-planned lessons
The highly successful Science department has seven members of staff. The Biology teacher will teach 32, 40-minute periods per week.
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE or equivalent
- recent experience as a teacher in a school in the UK
- previous experience of an international school is preferable but not essential
- a native level English speaker but no knowledge of Spanish is required
- working knowledge of common software
Please complete the TES online application form and attach your CV.
Final date for applications- 30th June 2019
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.