Business Profile Description
The EtonHouse International Education Group is headquartered in Singapore with 100 schools in over 11 countries. Together these schools provide high quality education to over 15000 children globally. EtonHouse has been at the forefront of international education offering innovative pre-schools and K-12 schools across Asia.
In the early years, an inquiry-based “Inquire-Think-Learn” curriculum, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach is followed. In the primary, secondary and high school, EtonHouse offers the globally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme and IGCSE qualifications. There are 9 IB schools in the EtonHouse family.
• Work directly with children in the Secondary years, developing a Biology curriculum together with the team.
• Assist in communication with current parents as required.
• Respect and value each child’s social, cultural and religious background and by example, provide mutual respect and tolerance.
• Share in the management of pastoral care, health, welfare and behaviour of all pupils and in particular, those within your designated class group.
• Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
• Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
• Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other colleagues and the school. Treat all information with confidentiality.
• Ensure the provision of equal opportunities for all.
• Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community.
• Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning.
• Any other duties as required by the Principal.
• Position will commence from August 2021
• Working location: Orchard Campus
• Bachelor of Science, or its equivalent
• At least 2 years of relevant working experience in a school setting is preferred
• IB DP or A-level experience will be an advantage
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work well independently as well as within a team
• Commitment to working in an educational environment that offers academic rigour and excellence in teaching
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sensitivity toward cultural diversities
• Ability to build community through positive interactions with parents
• Self-motivated with a high energy level
EtonHouse International School - Orchard
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years