IB Experience is preferred
About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with campuses located across 27 countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Together, our 56 schools educate more than 51,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary / high school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends a Nord Anglia Education school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.
About our school
The British International School Bratislava is at the forefront of international education in Slovakia. Established in 1997 for students aged 2-18, our school is recognised for academic excellence leading to outstanding IB results and entry to top universities worldwide. Our facilities are designed to support learning, and include a wide range of performing arts and sports amenities to develop the whole child and foster a love of learning amongst our students. To learn more about our school, please visit http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/bratislava
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 56 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
About the role
We’ll look to you to promote high expectations for our students, designing learning activities that are aligned to our school’s curriculum and creating a learning culture where there are no limits to what can be achieved. You will foster an environment of respect within the classroom, facilitating learning through questioning and discussion. We encourage all our teachers to act as role models in promoting the core values, which have helped us to become first choice school for expatriate parents in Bratislava.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication, organisational and classroom management skills meet deadlines and work well under pressure. A genuine interest in the all-round welfare of students is essential as is being able to work independently and as a member of a team. As well as teaching, the colleague would be expected to develop assessments, contribute to schemes of work, keep detailed student records and take an active part in the development of the faculty. Ideas and initiatives are welcomed.
About you (see full Job description)
Able to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international environment, you will need a relevant degree, a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE / NQT) and a minimum of 2 years RELEVANT teaching experience. Committed and creative, you will be reflective on your own teaching and student outcomes, seeking out and implementing new ideas and innovative practice to raise achievement.
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships with parents and students.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To undertake an appropriate programme of teaching Biology Year 7-13
- To use a variety of methodologies which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and the demands of subject specifications
- To develop appropriate specifications, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, and teaching and learning strategies in your curriculum area
- To plan and prepare lessons as well as contribute towards ever-developing schemes of work
- To undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies and faculty/departmental procedures
- To monitor and keep records of student progress, including regular input to the database system
- To mark, grade and give both written and verbal feedback on students’ work on a frequent, regular basis, with attention to individual learning based on assessment.
- To help to monitor and support the overall progress and development of students within the faculty/department, including those with special educational needs,
- To write detailed individual reports and to keep accurate student records of progress and effort against standard criteria
- To attend faculty & parents meetings as required
- A willingness to take part in Biology related extra-curricular activities, both locally and nationally, would also be expected.
- You must also hold a European or UK passport to comply with Slovak residency permit requirements.
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 10,000 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development in our schools. At Nord Anglia, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our teachers don’t just maintain their skills, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
Our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London, offers our teachers unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer selected candidates from our staff worldwide an opportunity to earn their Executive Master’s in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King’s College London.
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you’ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the worlds' most vibrant cities.
As a Nord Anglia Education teacher, you enjoy the following benefits:
- A fast-paced, global experience so that you can progress on a global scale
- An enabling environment founded on creativity, challenge and collaboration
- A culture which is fair and consultative
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career
The closing date for application is Monday, 17th December 2018.
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.