Sevenoaks School is seeking to appoint two Boarding House Cleaners (permanent, part-time, all year round). The successful candidate will be able to work 5 hours per day (Monday-Friday) from 8:00am until 1:00pm. They will also be able to work Saturday mornings on a rota basis (approximately 2 per term).
The role will report to the Boarding House Matron and will be an important member of the team that will ensure that good Health & Safety practices are followed at all times, being able to plan work in terms of time and material.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include:
• To replenish soap and towel dispensers when required.
• To clean and tidy their designated area to a high standard, observing good practice and maintaining high hygiene standards.
• To report any illness or skin problems to the Matron promptly.
• To check and clean off any fingerprints on glass panels of doors.
• To ensure marble work tops in WCs are free from water and lime scale marks, check and replenish supplies and clean around all surface areas.
• To follow Health & Safety procedures and safe working practices, appropriate to the task in hand.
• To report damage or breakages to the Matron promptly.
• To maintain a professional relationship with pupils at all times, observing good practice under the school’s Child Protection Policy.
• To cover for colleagues who may be absent.
• To be aware of the school’s policies relating to Boarding Houses.
• To prepare and maintain the house over letting periods.
• To carry out any other reasonable task as directed by the Matron and house management.
Qualifications and Experience
• Have previous cleaning experience.
• Be reliable and punctual.
• Be able to work unsupervised.
• Have initiative.
• Have good communication skills.
• Be flexible, adaptable and thorough.
• Be discreet.
For further information and to apply for this role, please use the next link and attach your CV: https://www.sevenoaksschool.org/support-vacancies/
The closing date for applications is 05/12/2021 at 23:59. The School retains the right to interview suitable applicants and appoint before the deadline.
Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or by telephone on 01732 467740 if you have any questions regarding the role.
At Sevenoaks School our mission is to ensure that students secure their full potential. We prepare young people for life in a modern, global society and seek to provide every student with excellent role models. Having a diverse staff enhances our school community and we warmly welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Sevenoaks School is a Covid-19 secure environment. Interviews will be held in person in line with social distancing requirements.
Sevenoaks School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and therefore, the offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a number of background checks including but not limited to an enhanced DBS check with Children’s Barred list check, the taking up and verification of references and the verification of career history and fitness to undertake the role. Registered Charity No. 1101358.
Academic excellence, with a strong pastoral and co-curricular emphasis and a global dimension.
Sevenoaks School is a large, co-educational HMC school. Founded in 1432 by William Sevenoke, the school has over the last 50 years developed an internati...