Surbiton High School seeks an enthusiastic Breakfast & After School Clubs Assistant with a 'can do' attitude, to support with the day to day running of the Breakfast and After School Clubs between the hours of 7.30am - 9am and/or 3pm - 6pm.
Location: Surbiton, London
Tenure: Part-time – flexibility to do mornings at the Breakfast Club, or Afternoons at the After School Club, or both
- Providing a safe, stimulating and happy environment for pupils
- Supervision of pupils whilst in the Assembly Rooms, including arrival and departure and visits to the toilet
- Supervision of pupils during their journeys to the Assembly Rooms from the Junior Girls’ School and the Boys Preparatory Schools when required
- Setting up of the playrooms and ensuring that the setting is left clean and tidy at the end of the session
- Contributing to the planning and preparation of activities
- Logging of pupils including time of collection and name of collector
- Monitoring the safety of pupils while in the building
- Logging all incidents of danger, such as accidents
- Maintaining confidential records and inform the Deputy Manager/Manager of updated information
- Undertaking observation, assessment and record keeping as required
- Ensuring no pupils are left unsupervised at any time
- Ensuring that the children receive adequate refreshments, and helping to promote healthy eating
- Supervision and assistance of the pupils in their activities throughout their session.
- Covering colleagues’ working hours in times of emergency/sickness
- To assist with any reasonable request from the Breakfast & After School Clubs Manager and Deputy Manager
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- NVQ 3 in Child Care (or NVQ 2 in Child Care and commitment to achieve NVQ3 within 12 months) desirable, or experience working with young children
- Commitment to the personal and educational development of pupils and to an ethos of respect and service
- Professional experience of working with pupils at KS1 and/or KS2
- Commitment to personal professional development, and therefore willingness to develop own skills
- Ability to work co-operatively within a team
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Proven ability to develop effective professional relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents
- Commitment to the personal development of pupils
- Appropriate levels of personal presentation
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Interviews will be held on adhoc basis so please submit your application early.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org