LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
BREAKFAST CATERING ASSISTANT
Hours: 20 per week, 36 weeks per year (7am-11am Monday – Friday)
Salary: £6,955.68 - £7,302.49 (actual salary)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Breakfast Catering Assistant to join our Refectory Team at Leeds College of Building.
The role is based predominantly at the College’s South Bank 1 site (LS10 1EF) but the successful candidate may also be required to work at the College’s other sites.
The duties for this role will include serving food in a polite and friendly manner, breakfast food preparation and ensuring kitchen, service and refectory areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience of working in a fast paced environment
• Good people skills and able to work as part of a team
• Excellent customer service skills
• Customer focused
• Good communication skills
• High standards and be quality driven
• A 'Can do' attitude
• Food Safety Level 2 certificate
• Recent relevant experience in a catering environment or willing to learn
• Excellent team worker
• Punctual, reliable and flexible
In return, we offer a warm and welcoming college with an excellent benefits package that includes:
• A 25-day annual leave entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays and 6 college closure days (plus an additional 5 days leave after 5 years of service with us).
• A well-respected pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund).
• Free parking at all of our College sites (on a first come first served basis).
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working.
• Superb opportunities for training and development.
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter which outlines how your experience, qualifications, skills and personal qualities match the person specification to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th October 2019 at 12 noon
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.
By submitting your CV and cover letter by email, you indicate that you have read the job description and/or any other information issued to you relating to the vacancy and that you can comply with its requirements. You also certify that the information that you have given on your CV and cover letter is accurate and you understand that any false information may, in the event of employment, result in dismissal or disciplinary action being taken against you.