We are looking to appoint a friendly breakfast club assistant to join our vibrant and diverse team. This is an excellent opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three-form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in September 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
What we are looking for:
- NVQ2 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to putting the needs of students first
- An ability to work with young people with a wide range of support needs
The role will include responsibilities such as: supporting children’s play and learning, devising or inputting into daily activities and menus, liaising with parents.
It is essential that you have experience of working with children in a Primary school or a similar setting. You will need to be a good team player, be proactive and be able to act on your own initiative. You should hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 2 childcare or playworker qualification and have experience of working in a classroom in a school or educational setting.
Why teach at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- A new building providing an outstanding place to teach and learn
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Click here to watch the Harris Primary Academy Mayflower video.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For more information or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact the school on 020 3772 4588.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.