We are seeking an excellent colleague who is interested in making a difference for our most vulnerable learners and those in need of extra support in their learning.
Our Bridge manager will work closely with our Assistant Principals (KS3 and KS4), our Progress Leaders and our Learning Support department to devise modified timetables and individualised support to those in need of extra intervention. We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills and who is also able to provide academic support and tutoring to pupils who require help with organisation and who have reduced curriculum time.
The ideal candidate will have a real desire to make a difference to children’s lives but also have a firm but fair manner. They will be able to provide academic support in a caring and sensitive manner. They will need to build relationships with a range of colleagues across the academy as well as with the pupils in their care to help them overcome the various barriers that impact on their learning.
This position is term time plus one week. The salary shown is the actual salary for the weeks worked.
The closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 26 September 2018
Interviews to be held Friday 5 October 2018
Please read the job description and person specification for full details
We can offer:
- A school with a distinctive Christian mission, ethos and strong traditions, dating back to 1864
- A highly achieving 11-18 school with consistently excellent results at GCSE and A Level
- Fantastic pupils who are hardworking, enthusiastic and impeccably behaved
- Supportive and aspirational parents
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional staff team
- The opportunity to work in a school graded as outstanding in all areas by both Ofsted and SIAMS (Church school inspection)
- A professional working environment in which all staff are valued, listened to and able to fully use their gifts and talents
- National and international CPD opportunities as part of the Ripley Teaching School Alliance
- Excellent teaching resources and facilities, from the Grade 2* listed Chapel to brand new buildings and facilities
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff including fully equipped gym, swimming pool and running track
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. In line with our safeguarding policies we are unable to accept CVs.
Along with your application form, please also provide a letter (of no more than 2 sides, using Tahoma 11 font) outlining your experience relative to the job description and explaining what you will bring to the role.