Smart Teachers is recruiting for Support Assistants to work with students that are D/deaf or have speech, language and communication needs. Some students may utilise British Sign Language, whilst others may be hard of hearing and tend to communicate more orally. The Support Assistant role offers a flexible work environment whereby the successful candidate may be placed within a school or residential setting. The Support Assistant will be supporting learners across KS3 – 4.
About the Role and School
- BSL Support Assistant needed to support students in KS3 – 4 with speech, language and communication needs
- Class, 1:1 and small group support roles available
- Small class sizes, with a maximum of ten learners per lesson
- The school is modern, purpose built and offers a lovely learning and work environment
In order to be considered for this role, the BSL Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum of 6 weeks within the past two years is essential)
- Previous experience with D/deaf and British Sign Language
- Ideally have experience as a Communication Support Worker
- Be qualified to at least Level 3 in BSL (mandatory)
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have excellent communication as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference IXH38775.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.