Hours: 37 hours per week
Competitive Salary (Dependent on skills, experience and qualifications)
Reporting to: Senior Building Services Engineer
Primary Location: Northampton, Booth Lane Campus
Closing Date: Noon, Wednesday 2 June 2021
Interview Date: date to be confirmed
About Northampton College
Northampton College is proud, as the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands region, to have been ranked, in the 2018/2019 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART), as 7th out of almost 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year old education and training. As a College, who have been rated by Ofsted as ‘good’ with outstanding features, we are committed to developing the professional and technical skills of our students, who are the workforce and leaders of the future.
The age range of buildings date from the early 1992 to 2021 and are highly technical embodying the latest Mechanical and Electrical equipment including BMS controls systems, Air Handling Units, Fan coil units and Chiller systems. We have up to date energy saving fittings and are very proactive in saving and efficiently using energy
The Estates Team are very proud to support Northampton College’s culture of high standards and is carefully structured to give our students and staff an outstanding working and learning environment.
We are a professional committed workforce who focus on high quality in everything we do.
We are a friendly team who believe in the College values and supporting our colleagues and all users of the College.
The primary focus of this role is to support the Senior Buildings Services Engineer to supervise and maintain the building plant, structure, grounds and all ancillary equipment to their optimum efficiency and ensure their compliance with statutory regulations.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
• Served a recognised mechanical or electrical apprenticeship or equivalent (level 2)
• A good all-round knowledge of building systems and maintenance
• Ability to identify issues and corrective solutions
• Proven supervisor skills
• A self-starter with attention to quality and detail
• Flexibility in working requirements
• Ability to multi-task
Rewards and Benefits include
• 35 days annual leave, comprising 24 personal days, pro rata (1 September – 31 August), including 8 bank holidays and 3 closure days. The College reserves the right to designate up to 3 closure days per holiday year
• Discounts through membership of the NUS, ranging from Student Prime (Amazon), to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment, technology and travel
• Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined contribution scheme including an employer contribution rate of 18.6%)
• Access to continued professional development
• Free car parking
• Gym facilities
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Support Helpline
• Enhanced maternity/shared parental and paternity schemes
• Paid Compassionate Leave - up to five working days paid absence (in a rolling twelve-month period) on compassionate grounds in the event of bereavement or serious illness of a close relative)
If you would like to be a part of our successful team please go to https://www.northamptoncollege.ac.uk/working-for-us.html for further details on how to apply.
Should you require any further information regarding this role, please contact Bob York, Deputy Director of Estates by email : email@example.com.
Job share will be considered for this post��
This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years