The Board of Directors of Mylnhurst Preparatory School and Nursery are seeking to appoint a strong, talented and dynamic Bursar to join the school’s Senior Leadership Team.
Mylnhurst is a thriving one-form entry, co-educational Prep School in the heart of the leafy suburb of Ecclesall in Sheffield. Partnership, curiosity, achievement, respect and family are central to our values and we live by the motto ‘Age Quod Agis’: whatever you do, do it well. Like its modern and Victorian buildings, Mylnhurst marries the very best of a traditional prep school education with a forward-thinking and outward-looking approach. Set in exceptional and extensive grounds, our pupils benefit from the use of an onsite swimming pool, dance studio, cookery room, Apple Mac suite, and sports hall.
Our new Bursar will play a crucial role in contributing to the strategic direction of the school and ensuring that its Development Plan is implemented successfully, leading finance, administration, facilities management and human resources. You will report to the Board on each of these matters, preparing papers, accounts and minutes, where appropriate. This position is at the very heart of Mylnhurst and the successful candidate will work closely with the Headmistress on the day-to-day, non-academic, running of the school.
Mylnhurst is a Catholic foundation, welcoming pupils of all faiths.
- Possess strong financial accounting skills
- Manage large budgets efficiently
- Be a strong and effective leader
- Have exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- Be highly organised
- Enjoy communicating with different stakeholders
- Be confident and competent using a range of ICT
- Understand the independent school sector
Mylnhurst can offer you:
- A happy and thriving place to work, where no two days are the same
- A highly motivated and effective team of staff
- An exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of future growth and development of the school
- Excellent professional development support
- A competitive remuneration package
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 18th December and interviews will be conducted during the week of 4th January.
For further information, please see our website: https://www.mylnhurst.co.uk/ or contact Mrs Debbie Hill-Pickford, Office Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0114 2361411.
Mylnhurst Preparatory School & Nursery
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years