Bishop Wordsworth’s School, an Academy Trust, is seeking a dynamic and inspirational individual to act as Bursar to the School.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Member of the School’s Leadership Team working closely with the Head Master and Governors;
• Leadership and management of all support staff;
• Operation, maintenance and development of the financial systems and procedures at the School;
• School lead on Health & Safety, Legal Requirements (calling on professional advice as necessary) and on Business and Administrative Functions;
• Maintenance, development and efficient use of the school site and buildings;
• Identification and development of income generation opportunities;
• Working with the Head Master and senior staff in developing the strategic financial plan;
• Acting as Company Secretary for the Governing Board ;
• Acting as secretary for the periodic meetings of the Board of Trustees of the BWS Foundation.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of management, including financial management and accounting and be committed to the aims and ethos of the School.
For further details and an application form please visit the school website:
If you wish to have the opportunity of an informal discussion prior to submitting an application form, please contact Mrs Annie Lloyd-Gilmour (HR Manager) email@example.com Applications are accepted by post and email.
Bishop Wordsworth’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks including satisfactory references and medical clearance.