37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
The school is an orderly environment and a culture of respect is evident’ Ofsted 2017
‘Lessons are purposeful and challenging and pupils engage well with planned activities’ Ofsted 2017
- A ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2017) - where we care deeply for the students and the community we serve.
- A school with a fabulous ethos, excellence in all areas.
- A leading school in the Midlands hub of AET schools with a commitment to personalised professional development.
- A school where British values are celebrated by helping our students become thriving, future citizens.
- You will be creative and innovative, with a proven track record of challenging the brightest students academically.
We are seeking two apprentices (one Business Administration Apprentice and one Business Administration and Marketing Apprentice) to provide administration support.
You will need to be a highly motivated team player, and have the ability to relate well to young people. You will need to be eager to learn, self motivated with an eye for detail and be a good organiser and able to support the office teams, in a busy school environment.
If you have exceptional organisational skills and want to gain a qualification in a professional working environment, then apply to join our Apprenticeship Programme as a Business Administrator Apprentice.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in a real job, with real variety, from day one whilst working towards a qualification.
During the 15 - 18 months of the apprenticeship you will be assigned an Assessor and will work towards the Business Administration standard which has highly transferable knowledge, skills and behaviours which can be applied across all sectors. You will also complete a Diploma in Business Administration Level 3.
You may also be required to complete English, Maths and IT Functional Skills (this will be determined by your existing qualifications). Your Trainer/Assessor will assess you in the workplace on a monthly basis. In between these meetings you will have dedicated time away from your job to work on the apprenticeship and collate evidence for your apprenticeship e-portfolio with ongoing support from your Manager and Trainer/Assessor. To be eligible for the Apprenticeship, applicants must have resided in the UK or EEA for 3 years prior to the start of the Apprenticeship.
This will be a fixed-term position and the duration of the apprenticeship will be determined by the job role and current skills. The minimum length of the apprenticeship will be one year and one week.
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This position is required to commence as soon as possible.
Closing date: Friday 24 January 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.