We require an enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of Business and Economics to join our highly successful department in September 2021. If successful, you will teach A Level and BTEC and ensure that all students are supported and taught to the highest standard.
The Economics & Business Department is one of the largest Departments in St Charles Catholic Sixth Form with over 400 students and nine members of staff who all teach on a variety of courses. All teachers within the department have degrees or postgraduate qualifications in Economics or Business. Many have industrial experience, which ranges from Retail Management to running their own business. The Department is a high performing subject area with positive outcomes for students at all levels.
The A Level & BTEC courses on offer are very popular and in response to the A level reforms the department has decided to follow the Edexcel specification for all Business & Economic courses, which allows the students to apply business and economic theory in both microeconomics and macroeconomics, to real-world areas such as: the Sugar Tax, the National Living Wage, Impact of Wages on Employee Productivity and staff motivation, Brexit and the implications of Covid 19 on global commerce and markets.
- Plan and work in accordance with subject area schemes of work and examination specifications, ensuring all lessons are thoroughly prepared and structured, with clear aims and learning objectives.
- Demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour which are expected of students and set appropriate standards for students’ learning, motivation, attendance, punctuality, submission of work and presentation of work and addressing non-compliance.
- Set sufficient work for formal assessment such that students’ understanding can be regularly checked, so that they can be fully prepared for the demands of public assessment through examination and/or or coursework, in accordance with the College formal assessment policy.
- Take responsibility for your own professional development and participate in staff training when provided and seeking out other opportunities for personal development.
- Reflect on your own practice as well as the practice of the school with the aim of improving all that we do.
- Read and adhere to the various policies of the school as expressed in the School Development Plan, the Staff Handbook, subject area/year group documentation, etc.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of relevant subjects you teach coupled with powerful subject pedagogy to inspire and interest students in their learning and address misunderstandings.
- Plan and deliver effective lessons, building on students’ prior attainment, that promote a love of learning and intellectual curiosity in accordance with the school policy on teaching and learning, adhering to the subject specification and relevant schemes of learning.
- Set demanding expectations for students’ learning behaviour at all times by establishing a purposeful working atmosphere in your classroom, making full use of the rewards system to encourage excellent work and positive attitudes and applying sanctions according to our behaviour policy where necessary.
- Know how and when to differentiate appropriately and routinely review your lesson delivery particularly in relation to content and relevance for students of varying abilities.
- Mark, monitor and return work within a reasonable and agreed time span in accordance with the school marking and assessment policy providing constructive oral and written feedback and clear targets for future learning as appropriate.
- Assess student progress levels regularly and write reports in line with school policy and as specified in the published calendar.
- Provide detailed formative and summative feedback at Parent-Teacher Consultation evenings.
For more information, please contact Miss Dodd by email: email@example.com
Please download an application form and the detailed job description from the documents below.
Closing date: 5:00pm on 18th May 2021.
Interview date: w/c 24th May 2021.
Please, no agency applications.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
St Charles Catholic Sixth Form College
Kensington and Chelsea
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
St Charles Catholic Sixth Form College is a co-educational further education college based in Kensington and Chelsea in London for students aged 16-19. It is a Roman Catholic college.
In terms of facilities, the college has recently refurbished scien...