Business Development Manager, Italy
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Italy, Bologna
What it’s about
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organisation and market leader.This is a new post designed to drive our business for assessment products in the HE (Higher Education) & Adult sectors in Europe (except France) and North Africa through direct actions and by working together with our country teams.
The Business Development Manager will report to the Regional Commercial Head, Europe and North Africa.
What you'll be doing
Key activities include:
- Develop a 3 year business plan to build sales of CEQs and multi-level tests (MLTs) in the Adult & HE sectors and prepare a 1 year implementation plan to capitalise on quick wins
- Work together with the country teams (except in France) to plan for sales in the HE and Adult sector in their territories
- Create a channel partner plan for the region (except in France) to maximise reach and ensure optimum customer experience
- Populate the sales pipeline with opportunities, driving the sales process from initiation to completion
- Support other functions in the Europe team including recognition, marketing and customer services
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in the HE & Adult sectors across the region, with the support of the local teams
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge about this sector and advise on new products, modifications and add-ons
What we are looking for
- A high performer with a proven track-record (min 3 years) in business development, especially in selling learning and / or digital products and services
- A graduate, preferably with a marketing / business qualification
- English Language proficiency at min C1 min (preferably certified C1 Advanced or above) and C1 proficiency in at least one other European language; German and Italian preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (interpersonal, presenting, persuading etc.) and good IT skills, including use of CRM
- Good time management skills and evidence of the ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently on his/her own initiative and as part of a larger team within the region and the organisation
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2 December 2019 and interviews will be held on 10 & 11 December 2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER