Business Development Manager, Japan
What it’s about
Reporting to the Country Head, Japan, the Business Development Manager will be leading the business development activities in the territory to achieve revenue growth and other targets.
Because of the increasing opportunities in Japan, we are looking for the Business Development Manager with extensive knowledge of sales/marketing, preferably in education sector to join our Cambridge communities. The role will develop and enhance relationships with our existing and potential customers across Japan.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team where you can both develop professionally and make a difference.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for developing the business plan for the territory in conjunction with Country Head Japan
- Documenting detailed sales plans for each territory and/or key account as appropriate
- Delivering on revenue growth targets within agreed budgets and being accountable for the account revenues
- Overall accountability for the sales function in your territory
- The role will involve extensive travel to new and existing customers, driving the sales process from initiation to completion, organising and delivering promotional presentations, attending conferences, events and seminars, identifying and reporting new business opportunities and providing market intelligence.
- Supporting the work of the Recognition Manager as appropriate.
- Suggesting and directing territory marketing plans
- Overseeing and supporting Network Services with supporting centres and customers in territory
- Accountable for the development of relationships with key stakeholders in the territory including institutions, government and exam centres and for ensuring Cambridge Assessment English qualifications gain maximum recognition in the country.
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge about our markets, education, assessment and the wider-educational landscape.
- Create and maintain high level relationships with internal stakeholders, being the voice of the customer
What we’re looking for
Graduate level education, preferably with a marketing / business qualification
- Proficiency in English and local language
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills (interpersonal, presenting, persuading etc)
- Good time management skills
- Evidence of the ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently/on own initiative and as part of a larger team within the territory/region/organisation
- Experience in sales/marketing, preferably in education sector
- Good knowledge of the local education market
- Experience/understanding of teaching/assessment in education
- Knowledge of Cambridge Assessment English products and services
- Innovation and improvement
- Customer focused
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19 August 2019 and interviews will be held on the 1st week of September.
To apply, please upload CV and covering letter:
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER